Q: HOW DO I PREPARE FOR THANH MAI'S MASSAGE?
A: A massage is supposed to be a soothing, relaxing experience. To make the most of your healing session it is highly recommended to:
- Be on time.
- Avoid eating or drinking any alcohol just before a massage session
- Good communication is very important. Before the session, let me know what your needs are. During the massage session, report any discomfort, whether it is from the massage or anything else -
- Some people like to talk during a massage session, while others remain silent. In general you should do whatever you feel like.
- Deep breathing helps you relax. People often stop breathing when they feel anxious or a sensitive area is massaged. If you realize this is happening, remind yourself to breath or I’ll make sure you do
- Drink extra water after a massage.
- Allow for some open, quiet time after your massage session if possible. Sometimes one needs a little time to integrate or absorb the results of the healing session or needs some "re-entry" time.
Massage has its greatest benefits over time. The therapeutic effects of massage are cumulative, so the more often you get a massage, the better you will feel and the more quickly your body will respond.
If you are getting massage to address chronic muscular tension or recovery from a soft tissue injury, more than one session is usually needed, so be prepared to schedule several sessions.
Q: WILL MASSAGE HURT? what about deep tissue?
The important thing to remember is that, as the client, you're in control of the pressure. I will always ask at the beginning of the massage what kind of pressure you like, and you can indicate then that you want a relatively light touch.
Some people have the idea that if it hurts, it must be "good for them." pressure that is too intense can cause the body to stiffen and resist, If you're afraid of pain, I highly recommend Thanh Mai deep relax massage.
Thanh Mai's deep tissue is likely to be a bit more uncomfortable than a classic Swedish massage as we will be targeting muscle aches, tensions/adhsesions.
Q: HOW FAST WILL I GET RESULTS WITH A DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE?
It's important to be realistic about what one massage can achieve. Many people ask for more pressure, thinking that if the therapist just pushes hard enough, they can get rid of all their knots in an hour. This just won't happen. In fact, undoing chronic knots and tension built up over a lifetime is best achieved with an integrated program that includes exercise, work on your posture and ways of moving, relaxation techniques and a regular program of massage.
Q: HOW DOES MASSAGE THERAPY PROVIDE RELIEF?
Throughout our bodies we have a clear fluid that circulates around the body tissues called “lymph.” At the same time, we may have inflammation, which is an immune response to injury or infection that causes pain, redness, heat and swelling in the affected area—in our muscles, around our muscles, even in our joints. When lymph and inflammation start to accumulate in the body, the excess fluid will put pressure on blood vessels and our circulation will decrease, limiting blood flow to that area. As the pressure increases, it irritates the nerves, which will cause you to have pain. By helping the body remove excess lymph and inflammation, massage therapy can make your blood flow better, which will reduce the pressure that is irritating the nerves and get rid of your pain.
And as if that were not enough, massage provides a number of other benefits: relaxing the muscles, improved range of motion, improved sleep and increased production of endorphins, which will improve your mood.
Q: What are the Benefits of a facial?
No matter your age or gender, your body’s largest organ is your skin. If you want your skin to look its best and stay healthy you need to take care of it. A monthly facial is recommended.
A facial is essentially a multi-step skin treatment that is one of the best ways to take care of your skin. A facial cleanses, exfoliates, and nourishes the skin, promoting a clear, well-hydrated complexion and can help your skin look younger. You also receive advice on the best way to take care of your skin..
- Facial help reduce the impact of sun exposure, smoking and other environmental factors as well as incorrect product use.
- Sink is more susceptible to ageing due to stress.
- Facial help reduce stress responsible for premature skin ageing, aggravate acne or other skin inflammation.
- A truly transforming experience you will feel rejuvenated and your skin feeling amazing.
Q: What is the diffence between sound massage and sound bath?
Sound Massage is a hands off massage technique. Tibetan Therapeutic bowls will be used on the body. They will be invited to sing gently, resonating softly on your skin, muscles and bones, inducing a deep meditative state and clarity of mind. Stress and pain responses are inhibited and soothed by tranquil sound vibrations.
Sound Bath is a sound healing experience using therapeutic vibrating instruments. to invite you to deeply relax and switch off from a busy life style. No instruments are used on the body.
Q: What if I am not sure which treatment is right for me?
You are welcome to drop us a line. I Thanh Mai will personally custom make a treatment tailored to you and your lifestyle needs.
Q: WHAT IF I AM LATE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
Arriving late will simply reduce the time for your treatment, potentially reducing its effectiveness and your pleasure. Your treatment will end on time so that our next client is not delayed. However, this may be dependable on the particular treatment and appointment you have booked.
Q: CANCELLATION POLICY
Clients who do not cancel treatments 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment time will be charged the full amount. We would still appreciate a call so that we can offer the appointment to another client.