A TRULY traditional massage with regulated pressure, excellent for releasing knots and tensions in the body. Stimulating effleurage & long gliding strokes for effectively easing tired aching back and limbs. It is highly recommended as part of a regular program for stress management.
Swedish Massage will...
- Relax muscles
- Improve circulation without increasing heart load,
- Increase range of motion,
- Help the recipient obtain a feeling of connectedness, a better awareness of their body and the way they use and position it,
- Relieve pain and discomfort associated with muscle tension, fractures, sprains, sciatica, and stiff joints,
- Shorten recovery time from muscular strain by flushing the tissue of lactic acid, uric acid and other metabolic wastes,
- Stretch the ligaments and tendons, keeping them supple,
- Stimulates the skin and nervous system while at the same time relaxing the nerves themselves,
- Help reduce emotional and physical stress
How It Works...
Oil is usually used, first warmed in my hands, which facilitates the stroking and kneading of the body, thereby stimulating metabolism and circulation. Its active and passive movements of the joints promote general relaxation, improve circulation and range of motion, and relieve muscle tension.
Swedish massage is often given as a complete, full body technique where all the major muscle groups are covered, though sometimes only a part of the body is worked on if you wish.
Deep Tissue Massage
A Deep Tissue massage is a sophisticated massage using many of the same movements and techniques as a traditional Swedish massage but the pressure will generally be more intense using elbows and forearms in very slow movements to achieve a truly effective deep tissue massage.
It is also a more focused type of massage, as the therapist works to release chronic muscle tension or knots (also known as "adhesions."). Ideally recommended for clients with experience in massage.
Read our FAQs about Deep Tissue massage and how to prepare for your treatment.
Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage is a specialty massage that uses smooth, heated stones. They are often basalt, a black volcanic rock that absorbs and retains heat well. It is a deeply soothing, relaxing form of massage. The heat of the stones helps tight muscles release more quickly than in traditional massage.
How It Works...
- Before you arrive, I will sanitises the stones and heats them in 120 to 150 degree water.
- I will uses traditional strokes of Swedish massage while holding a heated stone. As the stone cools, the therapist replaces it with another.
- I might also leave heated stones in specific points along your spine, or in the palms of your hand, or even between your toes to improve the flow of energy in your body.
- If you have inflammation or muscle injury, cold stones are sometimes used.
- You should speak up if the stones are too warm or the pressure too intense.
Lymphatic Drainage massage
This is a delicate form of massage that stimulates the body’s lymphatic system, very light pressure combined with soft pumping movements in the direction of the lymph nodes will improve the metabolism, helping the body to eliminate waste and toxins and providing a boost to the immune system.
Recommended for individuals who seem to suffer regularly from common illnesses like colds and flu, people who lead sedentary lifestyles, people who want to reduce puffiness or swelling (it has been cited as having a positive effect on problem skin, cellulite, dysfunctional respiratory systems), and people with low energy.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage will...
- Boost your immune system
- Improve the appearance of the skin
- Reduce puffiness caused by water retention, poor circulation or pregnancy
- It can help with pain from fractures and sprains and rheumatism it promotes the body’s own healing mechanisms.
How It Works...
The lymphatic system is responsible for helping fluid and waste leave the body and for regulating the immune system. When the lymphatic system becomes blocked, fluid builds up and stagnates, causing the entire system to become toxic, making us feel sluggish and more susceptible to viral or contagious diseases.
By stimulating this system through massage, it works more efficiently, which in turn boosts the immune system, clears blockages, eliminates toxins, transports nutrients to cells and increases the metabolism.